Wednesday 2 May 2012

Keratin Brazilian Blowdry

Now I know I can't be be the only one who's first thought was something along the lines of:
Surely a correctly executed 'brazillian' wouldn't leave much to...erm...dry?

How wrong was I! If it works as I am assured it does, it will revolutionize me. I have enormous hair. It's voluminous and unruly, an unattractive midpoint of curly and frizzy. It's the antithesis of sleek. I spend a good hour a couple of times a week taming it into submission- not much compared to some, a bonus of curly hair is that it doesn't get greasy too quickly. Where it really makes things tricky is on field trips where I spend all day outdoors and don't have regular access to electricity, when it rains between my home and my destination and when I spend any time somewhere humid. Unfortunately that tends to be on holiday when the number of pictures to document the "birds nest" sky rockets...

It is a very expensive treatment- between £150 and £250 and you need to repeat it approximately every four months. If you're like me and can't face paying that to see if it even works, then Groupon frequently have offers for the London area. I got a groupon for £59. I would not recommend the salon I went to- although the job was done, yes, it was quite a traumatic experience and I came out feeling cheap instead of happy! I won't go into it, but i'll give you one example. I was told my friends must be lying to me, that they must see how grey I am going, and she proceeded to pull them all out and leave them in a pile in front of me, whilst refusing to give me the haircut I wanted as it wouldn't keep "our little secret very well".

Something else I'm looking in to is buying the chemicals and doing it myself- works out at £8.50 (ebay!) a pop for short-medium length hair. I would recommend having it done professionally at least once before you give this a go though! If I go this route I will do a review.

I'll get some before and after photos up once I have my second treatment done- (I have left it a bit late to document the first, sorry!).


No comments:

Post a Comment