Tuesday 23 August 2011

Choc Fudge Berry Cake

I'm going out for a friends birthday tonight- alot of people are turning 21 and that's pretty expensive gift wise, she's turning 22 so I decided to make her a birthday cake.

I wanted to do something simple but effective and ended up making this cake. I used Mary Berry's Sunday Chocolate Cake, filled it with a simple chocolate buttercream, arranged chocolate fingers around the edge (2 packs didn't quite go round a 7 inch cake, you can see the badly camouflaged gap at the front!) Bit of ribbon secures them and makes them look pretty and I filled the resulting 1cm void or so with strawberries and blueberries. I'll dust it with icing sugar just before I leave. I picked up a cake board and box set (10 inch) in TK Maxx today for £1.99- bargain and makes it look more professional!

Now the only question is- should I give it to her in the box, like a gift, or should I give it to the restaurant for them to serve as a surprise? I'll decide dependent on whether or not I get there before the birthday girl or after...

No comments:

Post a Comment